Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Of grammer, ten things, and random stuff.

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
"Why,?" asks a confuse waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
"I'm a panda," he says, at the door, "look it up."
The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finda an explanation.
"Panda, Large black and white bear-like mammal, native to China, Eats,shoot and leaves."

I have been recently refreshing myself on my grammar, come to find out the grammar rules have changed quite a bit.

What I thought I knew, is not the norm any more.
Now me, in my younger days when I used to teach English, I was a real stickler for good grammar.

Don't end a sentence with a preposition, I would yell at my kids...but somehow in my old age I mellowed.

So that's what I learned this week.

Computer going dark: 200 dollars
bringing computer home in car costs gas 10 dollars
computer going dark again and having to take it back after only posting on FB twice: priceless
For MasterCard : Pssssstttttttt

10 things:
I missed my not me Monday and I missed the ten things yesterday, so I am posting today:
10 things about me and hope to be back on track..

1. I have a problem with shoes, I love shoes and whoever heard of buying any item of clothes without a new pair of shoes is unheard of.

2. I love classical music. Dvorak's Symphony for the new world is my favorite.

3. I'm Silly. Most of the time.

4. I gained two pounds and had to go to bed for three hours. I have recovered.

5. I can type 75 words a minute: But my brain thinks at 100 WPM, so this is why many times my brain is ahead of my typing and I leave out words. I have to catch up.

6. I have zero tolerance with people who haven't any consideration for others.

7. I love the south but am a California girl at heart.

8. I used to surf, yes I did ! when I was in high school up in Santa Cruz..

9. I love yard sales, antiquing, browsing shops, not stores. I like knick knacks with character.

10. I collect lighthouses, and teddy bears.. My daughter who went home loved bears. I kept all of hers and started a bear collection in her honor. I put a teddy bear on her grave on her birthday and important holidays. I used to when I lived close, now I send money to a friend who does it for me.

Bonus: My first car was a mustang No, I am not telling you the year. ...I had mustangs all the way until I go married. I don't care how old I am, my next car is going to be a mustang.



Angel




2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have so much in common! I wish you were here in California. Surely, we'd hang out. I love antiquing and mainly, going to thrift stores and yard sales and finding unique items. I can spend hours going, "oooo, awww". Also, I type about 95 wpm but my brain is always flying faster than my fingers.

At first I thought you meant that you collected teddy ears and I was going to ask to see a picture and then it hit me what you really meant.

How sweet of your friend to put teddy bears on your daughter's gravesight for her birthday!

PS - Baby Boo made a friend that is 3 year old and the friend called her Angel the whole time even though her name is Julia. Funny, huh?

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm not sure about the email address and why it's not working but here it is...

simonemoland AT gmail.com