Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Of grammer, ten things, and random stuff.

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
"Why,?" asks a confuse waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
"I'm a panda," he says, at the door, "look it up."
The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finda an explanation.
"Panda, Large black and white bear-like mammal, native to China, Eats,shoot and leaves."

I have been recently refreshing myself on my grammar, come to find out the grammar rules have changed quite a bit.

What I thought I knew, is not the norm any more.
Now me, in my younger days when I used to teach English, I was a real stickler for good grammar.

Don't end a sentence with a preposition, I would yell at my kids...but somehow in my old age I mellowed.

So that's what I learned this week.

Computer going dark: 200 dollars
bringing computer home in car costs gas 10 dollars
computer going dark again and having to take it back after only posting on FB twice: priceless
For MasterCard : Pssssstttttttt

10 things:
I missed my not me Monday and I missed the ten things yesterday, so I am posting today:
10 things about me and hope to be back on track..

1. I have a problem with shoes, I love shoes and whoever heard of buying any item of clothes without a new pair of shoes is unheard of.

2. I love classical music. Dvorak's Symphony for the new world is my favorite.

3. I'm Silly. Most of the time.

4. I gained two pounds and had to go to bed for three hours. I have recovered.

5. I can type 75 words a minute: But my brain thinks at 100 WPM, so this is why many times my brain is ahead of my typing and I leave out words. I have to catch up.

6. I have zero tolerance with people who haven't any consideration for others.

7. I love the south but am a California girl at heart.

8. I used to surf, yes I did ! when I was in high school up in Santa Cruz..

9. I love yard sales, antiquing, browsing shops, not stores. I like knick knacks with character.

10. I collect lighthouses, and teddy bears.. My daughter who went home loved bears. I kept all of hers and started a bear collection in her honor. I put a teddy bear on her grave on her birthday and important holidays. I used to when I lived close, now I send money to a friend who does it for me.

Bonus: My first car was a mustang No, I am not telling you the year. ...I had mustangs all the way until I go married. I don't care how old I am, my next car is going to be a mustang.



Angel




Post a Comment