Monday, April 13, 2009

Great American Bake Sale My recipe..

Please make sure you go to the Not me Monday post to get the information needed on the Ebooks, where you can get more great recipes and aid in Children's Hunger..


Orange Mandarin Dessert
1st
2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar

2nd layer
1 pkg Dream Whip
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 8 oz cream cheese block not whipped.

3rd layer
3  3oz pkg jello
3  sm cans mandarin oranges
3  sm  cans crushed pineapple
1 cup orange Sherbet or so
3 cups boiling water

Add butter and sugar to Graham crackers crumbs mix until it begins to hold together,
spread into the bottom of the pan making sure to go all the way over and seal the sides
(snug to the sides of the pan) Refrigerate for a hour or while you make second layer
2nd layer
Make dream whip by pkg directions, making sure it is stiff, cut cream cheese into smaller pieces, add to dream whip whipping until it is smooth. Spread on top of first layer. Save about a talespoon for garnish.
 
3rd layer
open cans of fruit and drain into large measuring cup, add enough water to make 3 cups bring to a boil, slowly stir into the jello until it is completely dissolved add sherbet 1 spoon at a time until thickened, add fruit put in refrigerator until soft set 20 to 30 minutes, spoon on top of 3rd layer
chill until firmly set
garnish with leftover cream cheese layer and a couple of orange slices.

See below for the details on getting the cookbooks...Help a hungry child today please...

11 comments:

Carma Sez said...

I love orange desserts and it even includes sherbert!! yum :-)

Stopping by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being part of this vibrant community of bloggers.

carma :-)

Lesley said...

Hello...I think I'm in LOVE.....a huge welcome to SITS...super happy you are here...and I'd love to invite you to my Giveaway over at my place....

Suzi said...

Visiting from SITS. That recipe looks pretty tasty. I may just have to try it.

Custard Shoppe said...

yum!
thanks for visiting us!

said...

Wow that sounds deelish!

p.s. Welcome to the SITS community - we're so pleased that you've joined us!

Julie said...

Sounds like a yummy dessert. Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community :)

Brandy said...

Sounds delicious!

Welcome to SITS!

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Welcome to SITS.

Just Lisa said...

YUM-O!

I came by to welcome you to SITS!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Oh! I used to make a dessert like this all the time - it was a big hit. Somewhere along the way, I lost the recipe. Thank you so much for posting this; you made my day!

Dropping by to welcome you to SITS - so glad to have you join us!

angi_b72 said...

Welcome to SITS!!! Glad to have you and hope to see you around!!