Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where did Summer Go?


I woke up this morning and it was October. HOw can that be? A minute ago wasn't it just September 1st? Worse still, wasn't it just the begining of summer and now I have to start worrying bout Christmas? Time shouldn't go so fast.

So now I have to face that horrible Christmas shopping thing, and decorating, pushing people out of the way, standing in line to get a particular toy, stealing parking places, knocking little old ladies over just to be the first in line, hmm. I think I will calm down this year.

We have had a pretty exciting two days, Denise's car was inpounded it was parked next to a hidden do not park here sign, we didn't see it. I think they should not be hidded behind a tree but what do I know?

I am an Avid fan of "Parking Wars" on A&E, so i was prepared for the fun of dealing with the beaurcracy. We made sure we had proof of insurance, plenty of time, and headed out to the impound lot. I told denise on TV it takes hours, we have to have insurance, etc.etc.etc.

We got there, found out reality TV lies, the attendant looked at the release in her hand, waved her though  and went back to whatever he was doing. It took us 5 seconds.....just goes to show you can't believe anyone these days, not even reality shows....

2 comments:

shortmama said...

Shocker to find out you cant even rely on tv anymore!

Mocha Dad said...

I've received several parking tickets over the past few months. That's why I've started taking public transportation to work.