Friday, November 6, 2009

To Rome, and America


During the first century, 333AD, a Roman citizen could walk the world the entire world without fear of being molested harmed, or dishonored in any way. So great was the retribution of Rome no one dared to come near them much less harm them.. All one had to say was: Io sono un cittadino romano. I am a Roman Citzen


Today we live in an equally fearsome and powerful country, but Americans everywhere live in fear. We expect to go to foreign country and experience some danger, But why? In 1950 We could travel anywhere and people honored us because we were Americans. It was as if Rome was still alive.


Today we cannot even feel safe in our homes or our workplaces. Our equilvant of the Roman soldier, Our army, our heros cannot be safe on their own base, where they were preparing to leave for a war.


You are not safe in your workplace, you are not safe in the place you dine, someone with a beef with the world or the world itself will invade your peace and take it away forever.


I have a friend in Israel who never leaves her home with kissing her children and husband, they have a heightened sense of not returning, is that the life we are begining to live here?


I remember the days being American was something,everyone wanted  to be one, and wanted to come here to live. 

Yesterday shook me up, our soldiers who are dying for other countries in the middle east must die here before they go there becasue somone didn't want to go. What happened to going to Canada?


I am not worried, America is a strong country, we wil raise and fight. I have no doubt if someone were to try to literally invade us we would join together and push them back.
Lets hope it is not to late.


I am praying for the soldiers and families of the injured in Texas. I also pray for the family of the man who committed that crime. They have to live with the stigma,may we show them the mercy of the Amish.



And today, if your flag is not flying please put it up. Lets stand and say..you may have hit us but we are still here
Io sono un cittadino Americana. I am a American.



 Options

2 comments:

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

I think you said it all. Nice post.

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

Ok your post inspired me to do something today over at my site. I really think this post is amazing. Here is what I am doing today. http://postpartumillness.com/node/183