Saturday, December 12, 2009

Small Talk six saturday


“6 things you love or hate about spending time with your or your significant other’s 


1. My mother in law was a horrible cook, terrible! terrible, the turkey tried to run away but it was to dry. 


2. my mother was a great cook. You gained 10 pound walking in her front door. 


3. My mother in laws house was to stuffy. you ate watched TV and tried not to be sick, 


4. My mothers house was too lively, you stuffed yourself, tried not to get sick, played cards and ducked when the losers started a fight. Every year. lIke clockwork.


5. My relatives from the east side spent all their time  trying to show how much money they made all year.


6. My relatives fromt he south time tried to prove how rich they were and how much money they made this year. 


I stayed home. :)

10 comments:

Lisa Samples said...

I never eat the food at my inlaws - ever! I feel your pain

I am Harriet said...

My MIL has been known to dry out a turkey or two....

Have a great Saturday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/12/when-is-last-time-you-rode-bus.html

Susan@What Happened To My House? said...

Good list. Sound like your family and inlaws are total opposites.

Momma Chick said...

I couldn't imagine being at a party with horrible food.

Kelly said...

My mil is a great cook and my mom is not to bad either. So either way I will be gaining 10 lbs lol

Princess Hairstyles said...

I have to say, my mom was a much better cook than my MIL is. Oh well, I'm a terrible cook so I can't say much, lol.

kasandria said...

Ohhh my MIL is always Stuffy too! I could wear a tanktop and be comfortable lol
Kas

Shan G said...

Your #4 sound like the funerals/wakes in my Irish family.

Someone would get drunk and start fighting, but we were well fed. LOL

Rachael @ Empowering Mommy said...

Cute list! My MIL doesn't cook and my mother tends to dry out the meat. Thanksgiving was at my house and my dad brought the ham :-)

The Mud Bug said...

Great list! My MIL is also no a very good cook. Her idea of family dinners is Gordon's Food Service. Nothing homemade.

http://mud-bug.com/2009/12/small-talk-six-family/