Saturday, April 19, 2014

It's Friday but Sunday is coming....


I always think of Mary on Good Friday. How horrible is it to see your eldest son
picture courtesy of Virginia Rice
die in such a cruel and painful way? The bible tells us she stood by him until the end. Jesus even called out to her “Women, behold thy son,”
Behold him she did. How much love do you have someone to endure what she did? Not just at the end, but the beginning. A young girl looking forward to life and marriage suddenly finds herself the object of ridicule. She is going to have a baby.
But she’s not married. Oh, the whispers and looks she must have received.
On top of it all, she claims (listen to this) the child is the son of God. Blasphemy! What is she thinking?
How hard that must have been.
Now she watches her son in agony. Did she know then or did she suffer until Sunday?
Those of us, who have had a child die, can relate to Mary’s sorrow and pain. A mother, burying her son.
The general train of thought is she was cool and spiritual throughout the whole event: I do not think so. I think she sobbed and cried out to Jesus and to His father. I think she wanted to take her sons pain.
She probably thought back to all of his life from beginning to end. Memories running through her min, thoughts scalded with tears,
The death of a son, as witnessed by His mother.
If you are a parent that has lost a child, I know you remember holding your child; the grief is unbearable. However, as the old preach said…
Today is Friday…but Sunday is coming.
Jesus defeated death on Sunday, so we will see our fallen children, husbands, wives families again.
If you are suffering today, and I know you are. Remember today is your Friday. However, Sunday is coming.
As a mother kneeled next to a cross as her son died, He rose and she saw him again. In addition, so shall we.

It Friday by Tony Compolo
“It’s Friday. He’s hanging on the cross feeling forsaken by His Father. Left alone and dying. Can nobody save Him? Oh, it’s Friday. But Sunday’s comin’.” Nearly a year after leaving an abusive marriage, I received a letter from my attorney that made my heart sink. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I longed to talk the devastating news over with someone, anyone. However, I knew that I could not as everyone was running around for the holiday. As I prayed, pouring my heart out to the Lord, I received a notice on my phone that I had an email from a friend. Her email shared with me how she had prayed, interceded and never let me go for the duration of my marriage. The Lord had been with me all along, even though I thought I was alone.
“It’s Friday. The earth trembles. The sky grows dark. My King yields his spirit. It’s Friday. Hope is lost. Death has won. Sin has conquered. And Satan’s just a laughing. It’s Friday. Jesus is buried. A soldier stands guard. And a rock is rolled into place. But it’s Friday. It is only Friday.” How many times have you seen a dream die after believing you were on the right track? Maybe after praying and fasting you knew without a shadow of a doubt that you had found the perfect will of God for your life, and there you were seeing your hope come to an unforeseen end? Then, a period of time later had you not gone through that experience you could never be on the track you find yourself and it is the most perfect fit for your life?
It’s Friday….but Easter Sunday is comin’

Hallelujah..Our Hope is eternal
Happy Easter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

Thank you!