Saturday, January 24, 2009

Simple Saturday

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson


If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one around to hear it does it make a sound?

I have a friend, who just happens to be my daughters best friend since Jr high.Her mother was my best friend, and heroine. She still is, we don't talk nearly as much anymore. she is(the daughter) the one who got me started in blogging, and now that I am thoroughly hooked so much so I am learning to build a website and about to start yet another blog I don't know if I should thank her, fly to Virginia to give her a steak and bottle of wine, or just smack her on my way to the hospital for compulsive and disturbed people.
there is a recovery from drugs so there must be one from twittering and blogging.
I never do anything halfway, once hooked totally hooked.
Anyway, my friend does something called on her blog, called Random Fridays where she just sums of her week, or discusses different things she has been thinking about and doing.
Since then I researched several Blogs and see, some people do wordless Wednesday, or Scuttle but Thursday, mundane Monday so starting today I am doing:Simple Saturday

Update on Yogurt addiction:
Its still there. My daughter is actually enjoying it because every time she walks by me she shows her concern by asking me if I have had a yogurt, or her famous How many yogurts are in the fridge? And my all time favorite: She sent an email to everyone on her email list, called her dad and brother and told her Internet boyfriend. So much for family secrets. If you can't trust your kids, who can you trust? the real issues is of all things for Natasha to inherit, my yogurt addiction should not have been one of them. Friday morning she ate a yogurt sort of, let me just say when she brought me the container I looked at her, picked her up and just put her in the bathtub. Nothing else to do. But the addiction continues, even having Nanny comb yogurt out of her hair didn't discourage, every time Nanny has one, Tasha has to share. Their are worse addictions, I can't think of right now..unless of course you want to consider the Coke addict thing, but thats another blog.

Work:
It was interesting having to skedaddle on Wednesday night to lose my time when on Thursday I had to stay until 3am to do my schedules and help another manager do his. so I left the week with more overtime. Sad isn't it? The yogurt thing never would have occurred if he had just left me on my forklift. Can I bill Wal Mart?

Dating
A few years ago shortly after 9/11( well not shortly it was the third anniversary) I was wanting to do something for the firemen of or town so I cooked a big pot of Chili, made cornbread and a salad and took it to my nearest firehouse with a thank you card for all they do. The captain of the firehouse was kind enough to take my address so he could return my crock pot. A few days later, he showed up at my door with pizza, and invited me to go to the park with him to share it. Since I didn't know him he wasn't going to expect me to invite him in. I did anyway, after all he was a fireman right? Turned out he was not only a fireman but the nicest guy I have met before or since. So started a wonderful romance and relationship, which I ended because my daughter moved back home.
I have been thinking, the last few days of maybe going out and getting back into the game.
My daughter has met someone online she likes, but then again the entire male population of
Charleston seems to fall in love with her and gives her their phone number. A fellow blogger who has turned out to be quite an inspiration to me, mentioned she was making a list of things to blog about, I, being the thief I am, stole her idea and added to my list "pick up lines you hear at Denny's" to come in the future. Along with being single and over 45. I think I will do that one on Blog her...

The sum of all fears:
Which is a Tom Clancy book and very good book and movie BTW. To sum it all up, the Emerson quote was one I memorized in high school and tried to emphasis to all of my students when I taught English. I found it on a random blog and remembered it. I think if anyone can live that kind of a life then their life has been fulfilled.
My goal in life has always been to make a difference. Losing a child, my special interest has always been children. I belong to the several Child abuse societies, and volunteer whenever I can. I was CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) My biggest fear is I won't make a difference in this life to anyone else. That to me would be sad.

If a tree falls...I haven't the slightest idea. It was the intellectual question of the 80's. Dates me.

Natasha has watched three Barney's on the DVR, and has now dumped yogurt in her secret drawer where she keeps her treasures. I mus go clean tht up, I promise you my yogurt addiction is waning. This round of yogurt has been most annoying.

Accompaning Websites


http://www.zandria.us/archives/main/2009/01/23/random-friday-ver-82/


http://www.nationalcasa.org/




1 comment:

Barb Jacobucci said...

Make no mistake...you have made a difference to me! I rush to my blog list to see if this woman who I admire has posted an update on her blog! You have experienced some life challenges that I cannot possibly understand and yet you keep going with a spirit that flies off the computer screen. Your struggle to start over, moving your family to a new community, a new life, a new future... The growth of your courage and strength is evident with each blog post. You Go Girl!