Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Help! Blogger lost my friends!

Yesterday morning I for the first time in 5, yes 5! days, can you believe it? Well anyway halfway through the day I actually felt like getting on the computer. I did I  fired up the old HP and started checking face book and email, and stuff. The last place I always go to check is here. Just to see if anyone has been by. That is why I have that live track thing down on the side. It amazes me that people from places like New Delhi,India actually come by here and more then once. I feel very humble.
But Yesterday, I went into shock and had to almost be sent to the hospital. I had lost two followers.!
Not only had I lost two, but the two who had been with me the longest!
Now, those who have hundreds of followers or 63, Will think Whats the big deal?, but me the people who follow me are special. 
I don't follow peoples' blogs just to follow them, I know some people have the You follow me I'll follow you thing going on. But me, I follow blogs that have touched me, or teach me, or ones that just plain make me laugh. And I follow each of my followers blogs some really make my day, some are like friends and when they don't blog I worry, some are purely entertaining. All are like visiting old friends and chatting.
So Generally I used to grab a drink a coke, coffee, hot apple cider all of which are out lawed now
sit down and read and read and read. I am learning now how to comment.
I used to think, who'd want to hear from me? But I have learned how good comments make me feel so I do try to now.
It's nice to know someone read your blog and liked it or disliked it even enough to say something. 
Anyway  back to the reason for this blog, I panicked then I went to their blogs and noticed my name wasn't their either now I am really upset because I am thinking they stopped following me because they thought  I stopped following them and now they are insulted. 
OK so I have always been melodramatic on some things. I am far from a drama queen I promise. If you don't believe me, meet my sister. 
So I shot off notes to both of them I didn't!!! and they calmly wrote back, Whats going on? so I researched and found the Blogger glitch:
Hey folks, 
You may have noticed the number of your public Followers has decreased 
over the last few hours. We are in the process of integrating with 
Friend Connect. 
There is small set of users that already use both Blogger Following 
and Friend Connect. To avoid linking the profiles of Blogger and 
Friend Connect users without their permission, we have set these users 
to "anonymous". They are still following privately and will able to 
make themselves public again. 
With the official launch of the Friend Connect integration, we will 
communicate with the affected users to encourage them to reset their 
relationship to public. To reiterate, the number of Followers has not 
changed, and we believe that the launch will improve the visibility of 
your blog and community. We will post more details on Blogger Buzz and 
here as the launch approaches. 
Thanks for your patience, 
Gatsby 
The Blogger Team

Aren't they calm and matter fact about it?
But I felt better knowing it wasn't my fault. I hadn't offended anyone. Everyone was still my friends. 
:)
It is funny how little things throw you day. I remember a Twilight Zone episode where aliens made the lights go off. Everyone thought because there wasn't any power the world was coming to an end.There was pandemonium We expect things to be the same everyday. We expect to turn the lights on and for them to come on. We expect to sign on the computer and  everything be as it was.
We don't handle change to well. But the good news is, change soon becomes the norm and everything is as it should be. 
okay I'm calm now. Really! I am......
sigh.........


3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is really interesting. I noticed a day or two ago that I lost two friends also. I thought it was strange. It was probably the same kind of thing. Thanks for sharing this info.
Also, Thanks for stopping in and adding me to for list. I will add you to mine also. :)

Michelle said...

Hey, I am already a follower but I need to add you to my blog list.

April Hunsaker said...

I totally know what you mean about comments! It makes my day when someone comments to me. I hope I don't lose any follwers because it would feel like losing friends!