Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just a Sunday Note

I have been MIA for a few days because of illness.  I can think of more embarressing things then getting sick at work, but not many.  All I could say was I am sorry over and over miserably.  I hate things like that.
I hurt all over, could barely walk but made it home and because I was so scared I woke up my daughter who having gone through the diabetes thing for years recognize the fact my sugar was probably sky high. it was the first time it was over 300  the second time it was 200,
It was scary for me, but now it's over. I will go back to work to morrow a little embarrassed, and everyone will remind me what happened by asking me how I am. 
OK.
All I knew was I wasn't feeling really well. I didn't have any hint how badly I was really going to be.
Life changes in an instant on us. I could just as well  had had a stroke or gone into a coma without warning.
When the doctor told me a month ago he thought I had diabetes, it made sense. Both my parents had it, both my grandparents had it not to mention a sibling or two.  But I put it in the back of my mind and didn't think about it. Not even after I was warned.
I have been wearing red for heart month, but diabetes and BP are also part of the heart thing.
So if you have not been checked lately pls do it now. Even if you think it is not going to happen  to you. Be safe.


2 comments:

Barb Jacobucci said...

Ohhh. I am so glad that you feel better! Blogger doesn't show me...but I am still following you. Yikes... don't mess with the followers Blogger!

Michele said...

This is very weird... I don't know what happened. I'm still following you, too, but it doesn't show. On my profile, it doesn't show any of the blogs I follow anymore, but if I go into manage blogs, you're still there. It shows I lost three followrs from my blog! Weird.