Monday, March 23, 2009

Putting Tasha to sleep

I am laying in bed listening to the ABC's being sung, yet again. I think this is the 4th or 5th time she has run through them. ABCDEFGHIJJLMMOPQQQSUVWXYANDZEEE now I know my ABC's hmmm hmm hmm hmmm with me....Well she is three. 
She looks at me proudly and I praise her for a wonderful job well done. 
So she starts again. 
Oh well, encouragement is the spice of life. 
Charleston today is 70 degrees balmy and beautiful. I am trying to get Tasha down for a rest but she has too much energy. We have been out riding bikes, we have run the yard, I have done everything to tire her out. But at three, well you know if you are a parent. 
On days like this it is wonderful being a Grandmother. Her mother will come home and get the hyper child who didn't have a nap today, I will be going to work.
Life is funny.
I am lying here trying to figure out what I am going to write on my blog and all is suddenly silent, right in the middle of the ABC's....t trails off and I glance over....Tasha is sleeping. 
I wish I could go to sleep that easily.
So Mom will  not have to deal with a hyper child and I will be canonized for yet another good day of babysitting.
And Charleston afternoon is still beautiful.....74 degrees 
All is well in my world, how about yours?

No comments: