Thursday, May 28, 2009

Things that make yuou go hmmmm

Denise was telling me about her night at work, and she made a comment about "locking the doors of Denny's for the first time since it opened," So I thought, Hmmmm Why do you have locks on a door if you are opened 24/7? When would you lock the doors? 
I mean Denny's is opened even on Christmas and New Years? so why bother with locks?
It inspired me to write today's post on things that make you go hmmmm...I thought of some, found some on the net and asked other people about what they thought, and just in a few hours, here is what I came up with:
  • If a funeral procession is at night, do they turn the lights off instead of on?
  • Why do you need a Drivers License to buy liquor, when it is illegal to drink and drive?
  • Why does the ATM at my bank have Braille dots in the drive up lane?
  • How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work?
  • Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
  • Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
  • Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
  • Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?
  • Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?
  • Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
  • Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
  • Why do our noses run and our feet smell?
  • Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?
  • Why do we play in recitals and recite in plays?
  • You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
  • Why do the makers of Minute Rice give their product that name when it 5 minutes to cook?
  • Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
  • Why is it that Superman can take 6 bullets in the chest but when the bad guy throws the empty gun at him, he ducks?
  • What does Geronimo say when he jumps out of a plane?
  • If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?
  • If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
  • If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
  • and finally:
    • When the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
    • Why is the word abbreviation so long?
    • When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?
    • Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?
  1. Some you may have heard, but like I said on some I cheated and got from the web, but maybe you know some I don't, anyway I hope this was a fun post

7 comments:

Barb Jacobucci said...

*giggle*

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

just alittle giggle???? I amglad my A's wonlast night! lol

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Very clever! I laughed reading several of those.

And as for the last question...I'm a vegetarian who eats animal crackers. Wonder no more!

the n said...

Hey, This is Nykki from TheLuckyMrsT.com

You bid on my earrings for the SITS auction and I just wanted to apologize for not getting them to you earlier. I have had a very busy past couple of weeks but I wanted you to know that they are in the mail and there is something extra for your patience! Thanks so much for bidding in the SITS auction!

Shannon said...

Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?

That one is my fave, LOL!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Stop by my place when you get a chance for some awards and tags!

Lesley said...

oh you have some good ones...I especially love the braille one and the snow plow....thanks so much for coming by my blog on my feature day Thursday...I'm so glad you did