Saturday, August 29, 2009

Small Talk Six: 6 things your hate or loved about school


Small Talk Six Six things I liked about School Brought to you by the wonderful ladies over at
Mom Dot


1. Tennis, I was on the tennis team.

2. I loved history class, because I loved history. I loved it so much I became a history and english teacher.

3. My teacher Mrs. Michell. She kept telling me I could, when everyone else kept telling me I couldn't. and I DID!

4. I hated bullies, I wasn't bullied but I stood up for some kids that were, got suspended for fighting on campus but the bullies weren't, how interesting.. I learned a lot about life being unfair, that year

5. The quarterback on the football team, we became engaged, he became a cop and was KIA. Life really is not fair.

6. I hated the perky cheerleaders. I couldn't make the squad so I became the "A" in PAlo alto High. The letter girls were below the squad of course. even though we did some of the same routines, etc.




9 comments:

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

I think the hard part of school is learning that life can be unfair even if you are doing the right thing. Here are mine http://postpartumillness.com/node/128

Lucy

Kelly said...

Sometime I feel school can shelter you from how hard life can be but it definitely doesn' from how unfair it is. Great List Happy STS.

Here's mine
http://allthingsmadebykelly.blogspot.com/2009/08/small-talk-six-good-old-school-days.html

Heather said...

I loved history too! One day I hope to return to college and earn a history degree. I found when the teacher loves history, they can make even the most reluctant student have an appreciation for history! Great list!

Unknown said...

!. I liked being with my friends.
2. Loved the boys!
3. Liked going to basketball games.
4. Liked going to school dances.
5. Liked performing in skits on stage.
6. Had a major crush on my Anerican History teacher. He was the football coach--rugged, red hair, and beautiful blue eyes--he never knew!

Notice everything I liked about school was social? Would you believe I became a high school teacher--taught English, then Business subjects for 17 years before making a career change.

Hope you'll visit my blog!

Unknown said...

Brought back memories. I had a Spanish teacher that was a huge encouragement to me. She had such a gentle spirit and that in itself was unusual when dealing with high school kids.

Loved that you became an English and History teacher.

Staci A said...

It great that you had such a supportive teacher. Everyone should have at least one who always stands behind them!

Anonymous said...

Man don't you wonder what it would be like to turn back time??

Unknown said...

Love reading Small Talk Six posts. One day I will participate...

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday for SITS Sharefest!

Carma Sez said...

so sad to read about No. 5

Yes, life is not fair - which sucks!