Saturday, October 16, 2010

Planning a Wedding

Every time I think, Hey I don't have anything to write about I might as well close my blog Something comes up to write about.

My daughter announced her engagement a couple of weeks ago and I find myself smack dab in the middle of planning a wedding.

I didn't have a big wedding, so this is all new to me. I knew about the basics, Brides family pays for this Grooms family pays for that..but I didn't know all the extras. Present for parents, present for groom (I always thought the Bride was the present to the groom?) etc etc etc. So I am in for a year of new adventures, the least being spending two days looking at brides magazine and getting sticker shock on wedding dress prices. Seriously who pays 15,000 for a dress you can wear one day? Seriously?

so now I have new blog ideas, I started homeschooling Tasha which will be another set of adventures. All will keep me busy and hopefully a laugh for all of you.

3 comments:

Barbara Ellen Brink said...

I worked in a wedding store before I got married and I don't remember those extra presents either. I just remember the little thank you gifts the bride and groom buy for their attendants and people in the wedding. Maybe they've made up a few more things since then:)
Weddings do seem to cost an awful lot these days. Hope everything goes well and you are able to find a beautiful dress for under $15,000. :)

Unknown said...

You can really save money by taking the dress idea to a seamstress and she will design the dress for way less. I have a friend who lives in CAlifornia and is a miracle worker in bridal designs for less. They are so gorgeous too.

Homeschooling is great! You're going to do so well and Tasha is too. This is so exciting!

Zandria said...

Home-schooling Tasha, huh? Will this be a long-term thing do you think?

(As for presents, you can tell Denise I don't expect/need a present for filling by Maid of Honor duties. Since I don't live close enough to help with wedding planning and all.) :)