Monday, August 8, 2016

Where's The Light?

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light’
Professor Albus Dumbledore – Hogwarts Academy

The month of August is the worst month of the year for me. This month started the surgeries, that were supposed to prolong Sharon’s life; but instead ended it.
Even  after so many years memories flood my mind and heart. Memories of all of my kids when there were three.


I am fine one minute, overwhelmed with tears the next. The emotional turmoil is horrendous. What’s even worse is the fact, there is not anyone you can share it with. Most people feel you should move on, well those that have never lost a child anyway.

A few years ago  I was partly saved by the fact dear friends from Virginia chose this time to visit. They knew my Sharon and felt the loss with me at the time. The peace is incredible.

Don’t knock old friends. They are like a breath of fresh air when all you are seeing is fog. Old friends know things about that no one else does. They have felt your pain, they have lived with you.

This friend has lived through the infancy of my children, my divorce, the passing of my daughter, the teen delinquency of my teens, (temporary but still there) my bratty years, and still they love me
So are  you looking elsewhere for your sunshine? It’s not in your job, it’s not in money. In fact. it is not in anything material;
It’s in the people that surround you. The life-force they infuse into you when you haven’t any left, just by being there.
This month is still going to be the worse month of my year. But, someone turned on the lights for me. They came to visit and reminded me that the love of friends and family is our earthly strength.
David had such a friend. His friend Jonathan risked everything, to save his friend David.
Ruth was such a friend to Naomi.
Ron and Hermione were friends to Harry
who is your friend?
As for me:

I thank them, and I thank God.

Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”





No comments: